Who I am?

2021-2022 English 11 Advanced Level: Speech Script – Kim Nam-joon (BTS) at the United Nations | Mrs. Morales-Molina’s Class (edublogs.org)

Personally I think that what makes a speech be is the way that it’s expressed. Because this speech was kinda simple, but what made it so powerful it’s all the feeling that he put in there. Kim Nam-joon talks about how sometimes we choose to forget who we are to remember who they want me to be. He explained how that also happened to him when he was nine or ten years old. And until this very day, sometimes it still happens to him. Which is something that we all can relate to. Because our society has a lot of stereotypes where If you aren’t like that it means that you are going to fail. And that makes us feel anxious because we want to be a leader, an example or even our parents’ pride. But what if we need to change ourselves in order to achieve those things? There’s when we forget who we really are. 

As he said, when we were little we used to look up at the sky wondering who I’m going to be or even dreaming or those things that we want to accomplish. Nowadays for some people the sky is blurry because of all the thoughts they have. Thoughts that no one can make disappear except yourself. So that’s why it is so important to find our sanctuary, find what we like, maybe even our little escape from reality. At the end he presents himself in order so other people take the initiative to do the same, and here is mine. 

I’m Neysha Marie Pizarro Santiago, captain of oratoria, vocal of the CEES, future secretary of HNS and future vice president of Interact. I’m a girl from a little urbanization in Bayamón where everyone knows everyone. I’ve made some mistakes and have a lot of fears that sometimes I’m not even conscious of. But even though I’m going to try my best to serve people who need me, because that is my sanctuary. See other  people happy. While on a personal level I’m going to continue watching the stars and learning all types of curiosities. Because that is what makes me feel at peace, that’s my comfort zone. I know that life is always going to be hard, but I’m going to try my best to focus on those positive things that have been a gift to me.