https://anchor.fm/luisa-molina/episodes/Episode-74-A-Matter-of-Time-e1snt5h

People spend their time trying to control everyone and everything. This includes time, a thing that most of us know it’s uncontrollable. Even so, many have affirmed that they have control of time by themself. Maybe it’s methodical or figurative, maybe they refer to when they took advantage of it so it felt as if they did control time to their own advantage, but at the end it truly takes “control”. Or it’s just us comprehending that time goes fast so what ‘s important it’s what we do with it.
I feel like most of the time I control myself. Because at the moment it feels like you cannot breathe correctly because time it’s going to go by and you didn’t do anything that was necessary for your own “good”. Going back to the same origin that in each article people throw hate at. “The society and the form that parents teach you”. Constantly people that I observe are afraid that time it’s going to end. That’s why 31, december it’s so important. Because it’s the last day of the year, we spend hours thinking of things that we didn’t do, and how useless we could be that year, promising ourselves that next year we are going to be better, so we create empty resolutions. Such as a new good diet, going to the gym, buying a car or some materialistic thing.
When I was little the thing that I liked the most was the fireworks during the festivities. They make me feel alive. Their lighting and colors were all for me. Time wasn’t something for me. I didn’t release it. That was something that was happening even if I knew that every day it was a different one. That moment I wasn’t in a constant hurry to take advantage of time, I just was going by the date.
Time changes, as we do, bringing us equality of relative time. And there is non stop, it’s just a keep going situation. The only moment you can feel as you stop and take a deep breath it’s when you do things that you like without care about how much time you spend on that.